A DAD’S WEEKEND TRADITION
For nearly 70 years, the Dad of the Year Award has recognized dads who have made an impact on their son’s and/or daughter’s collegiate experience at Washington State University. This year, the award was proudly sponsored by BECU.
The awardee was announced during the Dad of the Year Brunch held at Banyans on the Ridge Event Center on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, during WSU Dad’s Weekend. The winner received a WSU sweatshirt, plaque, and admission to the President’s box for the WSU Dad’s Weekend football game vs. Stanford, two tickets total.
Congratulations to our 2019 Dad of the Year, Brandon A. Borchers!
- All WSU students are welcome to submit a nomination.
- Nominees must be the father, father figure, or guardian to a student currently enrolled at WSU.
- Nominations are reviewed by a committee and focus on efforts and actions made during the student’s enrollment at WSU. Efforts or actions prior to the student’s enrollment are not considered.
- Nominated dads must be able to attend the Dad of the Year Brunch.
- The Dad of the Year also will be introduced during half time at the Dad’s Weekend football game, so it is important that they are able to attend both the breakfast and the game.
- 2019 – Alexis Curcio nominated and presented their Brother, Brandon A. Borchers
- 2018 – Kasey Hewitt nominated and presented their Dad, Dennis Hewitt
- 2017 – Caylin Hurdle nominated and presented their Dad, Chris Hurdle
- 2016 – Summer Mielke nominated and presented their Dad, Tyrel Mielke